Friday, May 3, 2013

Assignment #16 Expertise

Something I am good at is helping others. I love to help others. It dont matter if its just helping someone walk across the street, I'll do it. I just love the feeling you get after helping someone, its just something words cant express. My mom taught me to be this way. Ever since I was small, I would always see my mom trying to help other families and donating money to hospitals. I remember we would go to the grocery store and there was always this man outside with a wheelchair asking for money and my mother would always give him a few dollars.

A few things that I do is I volenteeer at my mothers job. Shes a caregiver, so when I go over to her job with her, I usually help the residents with their food and stuff. Another thing I do is donate canned food to soup kitchen. Cannned food is usually cheap and on sale all the time so when we have extra money left over, we use it for that.

Some other things I do is donate money to the poor. Whenever I get paid from taking care of my nephews, $20 goes to that. Im use to it, my mother taught me. Another thing is my mother makes me participate on a church carnival, to help out raising money, its usually fun but is a lot of work.

Helping others feels great. Everyone shpuld try it. One little thing that you do, can mean so much to someone else. Seeing peoples reactions are priceless. I thank my mom for teaching me to be this way. It makes me feel grateful for everything that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment